Total Pageviews

Friday, September 30, 2011

"Greed Bleeds" 2011
Mixed Media on Canvas 
24 x 36
Jennifer Contini Enderby
SOLD

Basak Malone LLC is pleased to announce the up-coming group exhibition “Departure” opening on October 1st at 7:00 pm at Ward Nasse Gallery.

Curator Basak Malone’s project ‘Departure’ sets 10 artists into motion questioning how to let go. “Letting go” is what we are left to reconcile with and this is where we are asked to make a leap continuously and impromptu.

Departure artists: Jennifer Contini Enderby, Knut Peter Hoffmann, Eva Buchrainer, Martine Cyr, Maria Luisa Imperiali , Anna Kajsa Alaoui , Nino Korinteli, Marianne Liegl, Georgeta Stefanescu and Anna VanMatre will be on the view between October 1-30, 2011.

Address:178 Prince Street (Btw. Thompson and Sullivan)
http://basakmalone.com/

When Basak asked me to "let go" in my work,  I  needed to allow the paint to drip and dry and  place itself on my canvas. 
Theme colors in this piece consisting of gold and blood red... dripped and blended into a pool at my feet reminding me of this :
"HE WHO IS GREEDY IS ALWAYS IN WANT"

No comments:

Post a Comment